CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Hello and Welcome! (about pregancy and parenting books)

Hi everyone!

Welcome to an informative page about babies. This page I have created in my wish of exchanging impressions, feelings, experiences with and from other mums.

When I found out I was pregnant I started buying lots of books about pregnancy and parenting. One thing was sure, the pregnancy book somehow helped and somehow scared me. The help came in me understanding what happens inside, where we can't see but we are so curious on finding out what happens with our little/s one/s. The scare came when I was finding out lots of things about giving birth, things that probably I didn't wanted to know like 'eclampsia' - where they explain you how signs like 'nausea, vomiting, headaches or swollen feet' might be  signs of this life threatining complication of pregnancy.

Hey, who doesn't have all the above? There are only few women who don't experience swollen feet or vomiting in pregnancy, so the rest of us are stuck in this twisted world of too much information at the wrong time. Maybe some of you apreciate all that info, but I didn't. At times it scared me even more and I, beeing on a verge of having an anxiety disorder, didn't really liked all that stuff written there, that included very common symptoms of pregancy.

This way, every time I was seeing my doctor I used to ask him if there was something wrong with my swollen feet, because they used to get really big and everytime I was turning for my visit all the other women looked like they can wear all these fancy shoes or sandals and I was down to wearing twice bigger size of slippers...in winter!!!

Then, once my baby was born, which mind you I had quite a  scary birth, I was bombarded with lots of parenting books from my family and friends and found out that there are a lot of things that they are not saying in them. The hardest thing is to deal with all these issues by yourself and not having whom to ask.

Beeing just moved on the other side of the world, I don't have any mum friends in here, apart from my mother in law which  - I will tell later why and how - can be a pain at times when it comes about advices. More, here in Australia is totally different from my country of birth - Romania - where your baby has a paediatrician and you can ask him or her all the questions in the world, from how many pooes a baby should have to any medical conditions.

But not here. No! Here you have to call the midwife service for any nappies information and go see a doctor for any medical conditions. I don't understand. Why not all in one? It would be much easier for us mums. Here, to have a chance of talking with a midwife face to face, you need to make an appointment. So you ring this number and they put you to an answering machine, where you say when you would like to go for a visit and then you leave your details for them to call you back. They do call you, but if you're unable to answer because you're busy with your little one, then you have to call back and leave a message again...and so on and so forth. How stupid is this???

So I have created this page, not to be called and expect an answer here at every second or minute straight away, but to place our concerns and maybe have them answered from mums to mums, or share our experiences and hopefully other mums can learn from them. So, please, I invite you to share this world of motherhood with me or any other new mums who might like to join in.

Thank you,

mum of an angel.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! i love your first post! it come from your soul!lots of love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey i am folowing your blog! can you follow mine please?
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I do...I've added you at blogs I follow.

    ReplyDelete